In 1911, during the period of anti-clericalism following the Portuguese Revolution of 1910, the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary opened a novitiate in Tuy for the Portuguese sisters. This novitiate remained until 1933.
International School in Barcelona
In 1953, sisters from the Eastern American Province opened an international school in Barcelona.
Sister Ann Thaddeus Marino
with her class in Marymount, Barcelona, 1966
This school, which included kindergarten through secondary school, closed in the late 1960's.